“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold is naturally occurring and, in the right place and circumstance, an important part of our lives here on earth. Mold is the “Great Recycler.” Mold is thought of this way because it is a critical component to our natural environment and to the healthy process of decomposition. In simple terms, mold turns dead things back into dirt.
But in a home and at a commercial business, mold is a problem!
Our team at SERVPRO of Montclair/West Orange confronts mold where it shouldn't be. We address mold with precision and skill and the right tools, first addressing the source of moisture and water and then working to remediate the problem area. Our team is IICRC trained to make sure we successfully address your issue the first time.
Throughout the greater Montclair area, including West Orange, Llewellyn Park, Upper Montclair, Glen Ridge, and Verona, many homes and businesses have mold hidden beneath the surface. If you find it, it you suspect it, we can help.
Call us at (973) 669-4825
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (973) 669-4825
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (973) 669-4825
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Montclair / West Orange is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2040 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: